Sunday 7 November 2010

"Thinkering" about Philosophers...



I've always loved coloured glass. I used to collect old perrier bottles when I was young for the very purpose of lining them up on my windowsill and watching the light catch them in the morning. Nothing like this wonderful collection I found in a junk-shop in Rye of course.

Metaphorically, coloured glass is taking on a new significance as I seek an appropriate 'lens' to analyse my inchoative research aspirations for the coming three years. Will it be someone like Bourdieu or Foucault? Or perhaps someone less well-known or perhaps well-used by sociologists...



Mind-maps and sorting keywords into 'relevant' lists seems to be filling alot of my time at the moment. (Maybe something more tangible will come out of the interview I'll be doing on Wednesday). The strangest thing for me at the moment is realising that this really will be the long-term plan. NOT something that I can sit and just 'write' (although I have actually started SOME writing) once I've accummulated all the facts over a few days or even weeks.



Time to read lots and lots and wander the beach with Dizzy seeking inspiration for my ontological dilemmas....feels like such a luxury - even if it is going to short-lived until I get teaching again..

No comments:

Post a Comment